Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Searching Files by DateModified in File Explorer in Windows

I was in the middle of some project files restructuring and part of the process is making a back up of my files. When all is done, I went back to my back up folder to find files that I modified a day before.

Problem

I know there has to be a way to do that, but it is not immediately obvious. But the following article was helpful to me.

https://www.howtogeek.com/243511/how-to-search-for-files-from-a-certain-date-range-in-windows-8-and-10

I opted for the UI solution, that is to use the Search tab. However, I can't find the search tab in File explorer, so I decided to go the harder route, to type into the search box.

Solution

I managed to file my files by typing the following in the search box:

datemodified:<start_date>..<end_date>

For example:

datemodified:9/14/2020..9/15/2020

modified: instead of datemodified: works too. Also, the search tab finally shows after I got my search result.

No comments:

Post a Comment